D is back in Guam for a little bit, so we are enjoying some family time together. It helps to have 2 people to chase after our new crawler. He is getting into everything. He wants to touch everything and pull up on everything. He isn't as interested in his toys anymore since he has found papers, books, trash, electric sockets(with the safety things in them), clothes, and anything else that happens to be within reach from the crawling position. Gone are the days we can leave him in a room by himself. I can only imagine what he will get into when he is able to walk! The baby gates are purchased and in position!
As for what we're up to besides chasing after S... D is working daily and having as much fun after work as possible. He ran two 5K's last weekend and will run one tomorrow. He's playing in a golf tournament today with some guys from his sub. We had a friend in this week that works on another sub. It's not everyday you get a visitor in Guam, so that was fun. I began a new project today. Our back patio/garden area looks like the boonies/jungle, so I have trimmed/cut everything down and am working on the soil. There are a lot of roots and rocks that need to be removed before I can actually plant anything. I'm finding out that it is really hard to dig in hard soil with rocks, and I'm pretty weak! So hopefully in a couple of weeks after a lot of hard work and sweat, I'll have a usable garden and patio. It also depends on how patient S is with me as I work outside. He likes sitting in his stroller outside but only for so long.
1 comment:
Welcome home Davy! We're praying that God multiplies your time together as a family. Sammy is such a heartbreaker! I hope we get to meet him in person sometime soon. We love you guys!
-Brian and Jess
Post a Comment